Sunday, August 30, 2015

What to take from the hospital


I know every hospital is different, but I'm pretty sure these products are pretty standard. I was completely clueless as to what sort of damage and pain I was going to experience after delivery! I prepared myself for the actual delivery, but I forgot about the recovery. The items below really helped me out with the recovery process. 


  1. Peri bottle - this is a squirt bottle to help with cleaning your lady parts and to also relieve the burn when you pee. I know this is TMI, but it has to be said; it hurts...a lot when you pee because your pee is acidic so squirt water with this peri bottle as you are peeing to dilute it and lessen the pain.
  2. Dermoplast spray - this is like a numbing spray to also help with the pain. I know I'm getting a little bit ahead, but this is what my nurse advised me to do: on the huge maxi pads put about 3 of the witch hazel pads so it covers the maxi pad from your front to your back then spray the dermoplast on the witch hazel pads. That is what I did and it really helped! 
  3. Mesh Undies - I'm sure you've heard about these from every other blog out there, and just about everyone you know that's delivered a baby. They're great, they're stretchy and they will help a lot.
  4. Witch Hazel pads - I used these the most, I took what the hospital gave me and then purchased more from the store as well. These things are amazing. You get a a cooling sensation that instantly helps with the pain.
  5. Oversized pads - these are definitely a must. No matter how easy or difficult your delivery was, if you delivered vaginally there will be blood at least right after. If you're looking for a replica of what the hospital gives you, those are huge!, try the Always Discreet, Incontinence Pads. These come pretty close to what you were using in the hospital.


0 comments:

Post a Comment