Monday, August 24, 2015

Packing Your Hospital Bag

When my due date started nearing the next thing on my list was to pack my hospital back. The first thing I did was go on google and search for lists of what I will need. What I got was an overwhelming plethora of things to pack, things not to pack, things I might need. Not to mention every blog contradicted the next. So I took in all of the information and tried my best to figure out the right essentials for me. I'm not a minimalist, but I don't over pack either. I just like to be prepared. So here's my list of things I packed and what I actually used. I hope this will help and not add to the confusion!





1. Things to keep by your bedside. 
I packed hand lotion, chapstick, deodorant, hair ties, concealer, a compact mirror and breath mints.
I only used the hair ties and deodorant.

2. Things to keep in the bathroom.
I packed shampoo and conditioner, body wash, face wash, face moisturizer, Listerine, tooth brush (one for me and one for hubby) and toothpaste.
I was able to shower there and I used all of those things.

3. Clothes for mom
I packed my own PJs, a robe, nursing bra, t-shirt and yoga pants to go home in and flip flops.
I didn't use the PJs or robe, I just stayed in the hospital gown. The nursing bra helped with breastfeeding because it kind of pushes your boobs up and makes it easier for baby. The t-shirt and yoga pants were maternity ones. I used my flip flops the whole time.

4. Things for baby.
I packed a nursing pillow, nursing pads, clothes for baby, swaddle and blanket.
The nursing pillow was really helpful while I was learning to nurse baby. I used the baby clothes when we were discharged to go home and the blanket as well. I didn't use the nursing pads because I simply just didn't have a lot of milk yet. I also didn't use the swaddle because the nurses there swaddled him in the hospital blankets.

5. Things for dad.
I asked him what he wanted me to pack and all he wanted were some sweats and a t-shirt, a pillow and a blanket.

I hope this will help some of you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment